We understand that patients who are genuinely in a dental emergency need priority attention. That’s why we try to keep some space available in the appointment books every day for patients requiring an emergency dentist.
Most Pacific Smiles Dental Clinics are open six days a week, with some Clinics open Sundays, evenings and public holidays which makes it easier for patients requiring emergency treatment to get an appointment when they need one.
Do you need an emergency dentist?
Dental emergencies can include
- facial swelling
- bleeding (trauma affecting your mouth)
- an accident involving damage to your mouth or teeth.
- dental pain (e.g. in teeth, mouth, gum, jaw)
What to do if a tooth is knocked out
- If the tooth is clean – place it straight back in the socket. The tooth should be gripped by its upper end (the crown) not by the root.
- If the tooth is dirty – wash the tooth in milk or have the patient gently suck it clean before placing it back in the socket
- If it can’t be replaced – wrap the tooth in plastic wrap or store it in milk.
Visit your Dentist immediately for an emergency appointment. The tooth should be replaced as soon as possible.
The cost of your emergency dental appointment will vary depending upon your individual dental needs. Your dentist will discuss expected costs with you at the time of your appointment.
If you or a family member are in dental pain or in need of an emergency Dentist, please contact us for an urgent care appointment.
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risks. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriately qualified health practitioner.